Sunday, November 20, 2005

harry potter

I haven't finished updating yet, as you can see. I still need to arrange and classify my links, write an entirely new profile, change my months-old picture, and fix my header. Blahblah. Pero I like it, I really do. Hehe.

---

I've just arrived from Cinemark -- you know, the local cinema (obviously) -- about an hour ago. The Goblet of Fire wasn't as dazzling as I originally imagined when I was reading the book a few years ago. Maybe it was because I already knew the plot, that's why it kinda bored me.

Several scenes were skipped, including the World Cup tournament itself -- too bad, I would have wanted to see what veela actually looked like. The Beauxbaton girls looked more like flight attendants in sky blue suits than students, especially when they did their blue-butterfly entrance. And they strutted like models on a catwalk.

Kawawang Ced, I thought. But the fact of death didn't bother me as much as it did before. Once, death struck me with terror, because it was inevitable, dark and impenetrable, unknown. I never knew what loomed beyond my last breath. But I know Jesus conquered it more than 2000 Easters ago. He changed it all. With Him I can confidently sing, "O death, where is your sting? O death, where is your victory?"

As the last scene in the movie faded, with that stunning view of the blue lake and the forested mountain peaks, I couldn't help but think of how God really looks like, in all His unapproachable glory. If these recreated panoramas of nature were made by humans using puny metal contraptions, then our Creator, who crafted our bodies and molded our thoughts, must be so much more wonderful.

2 comments:

Lance said...

I'm planning to watch it on Wednesday because that's the only time I'm free. I still maintain though that I am not a fan.

Jac Libatique said...

A Christian's opinion about the world is so much different from one who doesn't know Christ. Somehow, Christ rules over every thought. Amazing. =)
-jac