Wednesday, December 21, 2005

apology

In the incident you hear my wretched mouth blurt out a foul word, a proud remark, or a stinging insult, I am so sorry. I am fully aware of my faults, and I acknowledge that I stumble frequently. "For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate." (Rom 7:15)

To you who witness me sin, please, don't ever think that Jesus approves of the countless blunders I commit. In fact, I deserve "the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of His anger" (Rev 14:10) as much as Satan does. It is only by His great mercy that I am a Christian, and through Jesus' costly sacrifice at Golgotha that my sins are forgiven.

I earnestly pray that I grow out of my shortcomings in the near future. But I know this for sure, that in the day of His coming, He will transform the dull and rusty mirror that is me into a gleaming vessel of light reflecting His awesome radiance. Nothing else, apart from this everlasting union with my Maker, will make me happier.

No comments: