Friday, February 24, 2006

unbelief

This will be the last time I will write about the mercury incident. My continual whining over such a petty incident annoys even myself, of all people.

The thermometer was busted. According to it, the air in our drawer was as hot as steam venting out of a whistling kettle -- it read 100 degrees. But the nerve endings on my hands, nor on Jessie's, didn't feel any heat. It was really busted. No wonder the melting point I got last week was so skewed, I thought.

So, I scooted over to the stockroom to get a replacement, and went on to finish our dyeing. (One thing I like about studying here in the States is that I won't have to raid my own pocket to pay for my clumsiness) And that's basically the end of this silly story.

So far, my sweaty hands haven't been ticcing, nor my hair falling out in thick clumps. I guess that's a good sign. Hehe. But you're right, Bambi, I really am paranoid, though I try my best not to be. Worrying too much about the slightest things is a sure sign of unbelief.

Can't He, who stretches out the heavens and the earth by Himself, and sustains the Universe's existence by His almighty command, who silences the wisest of men, and does whatever He wills, prevent me from a mere lab accident? Of course He can. If He wills me to be mercury-poisoned, I will be. But I am assured of one thing: if it does happen, it will redound to His greater glory, and with that I should be satisfied.

Oh, about the secret. I need quite some time to gather my thoughts about it. Of course I can blurt it out right now (_______ ____!) but that would simply not suffice. You'd be left open-mouthed and wondering why such a "horrible" (or so I thought) thing would happen to me.

I'll write about it over the weekend. I've gotten over the mind-numbing shock and disappointment of it all, but I want to share you some very important lessons He taught me as I brooded over my sin.

I'm sorry, my friends. It was originally my intention to prick your curious noses with my past post, but I now realize it was not too beneficial for both you and me. But please don't entertain fanciful speculations on what this "secret" could be. It's futile -- a little patience would do, you know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh don't fuss over the fact that you're making a big deal out of it, it's a big deal (well, sort of...) and it just proves a fundamental biblical principle: you love yourself! And nothing's wrong with that. Hahaha!

~poy

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Paul. :-)

However, when He frustrates some of my own plans that are opposed to His sovereign will, I often get disappointed, and hold a grudge against Him. And that is wrong. Tsktsk.