Saturday, April 07, 2007

ramblings

thanks to a not-so-explicit reminder from my dear friend Glenda i now see my blog in a totally new light, with all its dust and cobwebs. now i can't help but avert my eyes in shame when i catch a glimpse of the date of my latest post. march 18. three weeks ago. no posts, no updates, nothing, since then.

so what have i been up to?

a lot, actually. i can't tell you how many hours i spend every week flipping the pages of my nursing textbooks and parsing to myself the eleven steps to follow in inserting a nasogastric tube to a bedridden client. it's nauseating, tiring and endlessly repetitive. "check the patient's medical record... verify MD order..." blahblahblah. i just console myself with the hope that i pass the NCLEX immediately after i leave the halls of STC in my toga a little more than a year from now. so close, yet so far.

---

yesterday at three in the afternoon people from all over the world bowed down their heads in remembrance of an enigmatic preacher-prophet executed two millenia ago by the political and religious status quo. it's amazing that the death of a carpenter native of a ragtag village from whence nothing good came out would be cherished and celebrated by millions. nobody expected it. but the truth is, the tragedy of good friday would not have been forever etched in our memories if it were not for the triumph of the empty tomb of easter.

in dying, he destroyed our death.
in rising, he restored our life.
lord jesus, come in glory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

edi,nagbloblog ka na uli... hehe.:)