Sunday, July 29, 2007

thank you

To my brother who welcomed me with his open, forgiving arms in spite of the rotting stench of my filth, I cannot thank you enough. Let us remember the precious words of His promises.


Remember my affliction and my wanderings,
the wormwood and the gall!
My soul continually remembers it
and is bowed down within me.
But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.”

The Lord is good to those who wait for him,
to the soul who seeks him.
It is good that one should wait quietly
for the salvation of the Lord.
It is good for a man that he bear
the yoke in his youth.

Let him sit alone in silence
when it is laid on him;
let him put his mouth in the dust—
there may yet be hope;
let him give his cheek to the one who strikes,
and let him be filled with insults.

For the Lord will not cast off forever,
but, though he cause grief, he will have compassion
according to the abundance of his steadfast love;
for he does not willingly afflict
or grieve the children of men.
Lamentations 3:19-33

"For a brief moment I deserted you,
but with great compassion I will gather you.
In overflowing anger for a moment
I hid my face from you,
but with everlasting love I will have compassion on you,”
says the Lord, your Redeemer.
Isaiah 54.7-8



To Him who endured the whips and blows and the mangled stripes of a Roman scourging, the six-inch nails and a crown of thorns on that Friday, for my sake, to Him "who loved me and gave His life for me," be all the glory.

Worthy is the Lamb for He was slain...
and by His blood He ransomed people for God
from every tribe and language and people and nation,
and He has made them a kingdom and priests to our God
and they shall reign on the earth.
Worthy is the Lamb who was slain,
to receive power and wealth and wisdom
and might and honor and glory and blessing!
Revelation 5 (paraphrased)

8 comments:

delusion angel said...

hindi na lamb yan, may sungay na. =p

poy said...

Its a ram; just like what Abraham sacrificed. :)

But God is gracious, He provides the sacrifice that takes away all our sins: past, present and future.

"Behold [He] makes all things new!" "The old has gone, the new has come!"
"It isn't impossible for God to raise the dead!"

May He be forever praised, because He deserves it. God bless you.

Unknown said...

Hehe. That's what I thought too.

It's called Agnus Dei; it was painted by Francisco de Zurbarán, a Spanish Roman Catholic artist.

But I don't know why he put horns on. Just blame it on artistic license. :-)

Lance said...

shame on me. di ko alam na walang horns pala ang lamb. and i call myself a biologist. hahaha.

Unknown said...

Hehehe. Don't worry, Lance, take a look at this photo. I don't think that horns automatically disqualify an ovine specimen from being classified as a "lamb."

Ang label niya, "lamb with horns." Hindi nga lang kasing laki yung sungay niya kesa sa tupa ni Zurbarán. :-)

Anyway, enough of this. All this lamb talk makes me want to bleat. Baaaaaa.

Lance said...

hahahha, go jeffffff! bleattttt!
talagang nag-research ha!

poy said...

Bleat! Bleat! Bleeeeeeaaaaaatttt!!! Hahahaha!

Lance said...

parang mas matabang sheep ang bleating ni poy. hahaha.