Thursday, August 16, 2007

camp photos

UPDATE!! The links are not working. I have to retype them again, but I really have to sleep. It's half past two in the morning, and I need to wake up at 6:30 tomorrow. So, sorry guys, you'll have to wait. ]


...


The following pictures are yet another proof of my incredible stupidity. How could I NOT realize that my camera's resolution was at the lowest setting for the past few days?

ARGH:K:LKJ:Lkja.,mn/z.c,vm:"LK!!KLJ!!LJ!:LK!J:LK!J!:LKjna;soiejf

(deep and heavy panting)

Hoo, boy. That was good. I need a regular dose of this kind of catharsis.

...

Anyway. Here are the ill-fated, tiny and almost worthless photos of the past weekend. Don't rub it in, you can't make them larger. Grrr.



This is a plant tucked between the roots of an oak tree beside the river. I was naively taking a stab at photographic artistry. Crappy, I know.



The nasty, treasure-hunting pirates in the play, Crook and Ed. I'm Ed. I look hideous. No, UTTERLY APPALLING is more appropriate. Look at my moles. MOLEMOLEMOLE. (If you haven't watched Austin Powers: Goldmember yet, you won't get the joke) And my teeth, too. Oh, my, grandma Ed sure has big (and ugly!) teeth!



Mandy and Joshua the boy puppet (who was voiced by Mandy's husband, Jerry). The kids had a grand time listening to Joshua's antics. He was quite mean to Sara Lee, the girl puppet, and called her a boogerhead. So the kids told him to apologize and say sorry. He did. :-)


This is Taylor, our former pastor's eldest son. He said I looked like a paralyzed, emaciated Gollum in the play. I showed him this photo and said, "You look like an earless, cross-eyed, bucktoothed rabbit yourself!" He cracked up.



El Rio Frio, when translated in English is "The Cold River." It does stand up to its name. It was just so jaw-droppingly beautiful! I just wish I took a better photo of it... ARGHHH-- somebody please stop me from bashing my head on the wall.



Me. with a twisted grimace on my face, 5 minutes before the show started. Mandy did an awesome job as a makeup artist, didn't she? Several kids actually cried because they were so terrified of us. The creepy, menacing Darth Vader theme we used for the background music whenever we pirates entered the stage made it even worse. Poor things.



This photo's a bit larger, thank goodness. They're playing with water guns and a bubble-making device outside the building. It's among of the roster of activities that we had to make sure they do.



For some reason I unwittingly took a couple of larger photos. At least, it's a small consolation. Huhu. :-( This is Steve in his usual animated self, teaching the kids about Paul and the vision of blinding light he saw on the road to Damascus.



Some of the children doing crafts. They're making butterflies and moths out of coffee filters and pipe cleaners. Nice, no?

2 comments:

Lance said...

and the photos are where, dearest jwefffeee?

poy said...

Jef, hindi makita yung photos unless i-right click "view image" :)