Thursday, July 21, 2005

amazing

My itching curiosity led me to this stunning discovery.

I was blogsurfing just a while ago when I came upon this exquisite satellite photo of Israel marked with captions by the blog owner (which happened to be the ESV Bible publisher). It said that Google had recently updated its maps by adding worldwide satellite imagery to its database. I couldn't copy the following pictures onto my photo host so just click on the following links.

mystery shot number 1

That's Mount Mayon on the left. Too bad its crater's covered by the clouds. Legazpi City and Daraga are the grey area you see along the shore. That slightly slanted line is the airport.

mystery shot number 2

Doesn't it look... quite familiar? Haha. Even though the map's quite blurry, the details are remarkable. Try zooming on the Sunken Garden. You can, but you'll just see it as a small patch of green. But you haven't seen the best yet. Take a look at this one:

mystery shot number 3

The four thin rectangles grouped around to form a square are apartments. Ours is on the left-most rectangle. You could see two parked cars on the top right side of the square. Yes, those two dots. No, I don't know where our car was when this photo was taken. Ang galing, diba?

Google certainly wants to capture the world's attention (pun intended), but I'm sure it won't offer this incredible service for free once the whole globe is completely mapped.

Technology's amazing, isn't it?

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Hi Jeff! Kumusta? Have you been to my blog lately? Coz I recently made a few changes.