Thursday, October 12, 2006

some hymn verses

Dear friends and devoted fans, (or to whichever category you fall into, you who are reading this)

After much indecisive contemplation, I have finally opted to end this two-week long blogging hiatus. As of the moment, my creative synapses are too feeble to zap out anything substantial, let alone interesting, so I will reserve my thoughtless rantings to my next post. (Now isn't that a relief? Hehe)

To top off this very short update, here are excerpts from the hymns that have been playing in my mental soundtrack for the past few days. Look closely at the lyrics and try to understand what makes the hymn writer exult with such passion and break into sweet song.



And can it be that I should gain
An interest in the Savior’s blood?
Died He for me, who caused His pain—
For me, who Him to death pursued?
Amazing love! How can it be,
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?

"And Can It Be?"
Charles Wesley

All fairest beauty, heavenly and earthly,
Wondrously, Jesus, is found in Thee;
None can be nearer, fairer or dearer,
Than Thou, my Savior, art to me.

"Fairest Lord Jesus"
an anonymous German Jesuit

The Bride eyes not her garment, but her dear Bridegroom’s face;
I will not gaze at glory but on my King of grace.
Not at the crown He giveth but on His pierced hand;
The Lamb is all the glory of Immanuel’s land.

"The Sands of Time Are Sinking"
Anne R. Cousin

courtesy of the Cyberhymnal

No comments: