Friday, February 16, 2007

jumping on the bandwagon

You should check out Lance's recently revamped site. Earlier tonight I did, and now I'm tempted to spend the next few hours scouring the Net for a template that catches my eye.

But... I... need... to resist... (heaving like a tired dog) My first paper for Intro to Lit, which is supposed to be a critical analysis of one of the short stories in our textbook, is due on Monday. Yes, three short days from now. I'm doing mine on the wickedly funny but seriously disturbing "A Good Man is Hard to Find" by Flannery O'Connor.

Yeah, I started on it last Thursday -- which is so not like me -- and already have three/four pages of neatly lined, double-spaced text, but after some serious thinking I decided to chuck all of it into the trash. Why? Never you mind, I don't want to bog you down with the details. But I'll post the shining, squeaky clean, copyread and grammar-error proofed essay here before I turn it in.

And besides, I thought, it's not that this old ET template looks dull and uninteresting. It looks exactly the same way it did when I switched to it from the one I made myself -- well, not really, I just tinkered with one of the pioneer Blogger templates until it reeked "original." but I digress -- so what really generates the wide yawns among you and me and everyone who visits this blog these days? I asked myself.

I spent a few minutes staring at the blinking cursor on the LCD screen when it came to me. It's so darn obvious. It's the insufferable and irritating lack of activity and updates. I've just been too busy lazy. And now I'm feeling a bit foolish about myself. I kill me.

1 comment:

macky said...

hi jeff! musta ka na?

your template looks neat nga eh, i like it hehe. pero ako din nag-palit na ng template hehehe. =D

musta ka na jan sa states?