Tuesday, August 16, 2005

it's mah birthday!

Five "Happy Birthday"'s and smileys stood out on the screen. Razel had just sent me an email, and strangely, a greeting card. For the first few seconds I was completely ignorant of what she was talking about. And then it pleasantly came to me:

Today, one year ago, I prayed, really prayed, for the first time in my life.
Today, one year ago, I believed in Jesus Christ, that He bore on the cross all the punishment that was reserved for me, and that He was my only hope.
Today, one year ago, I was saved by my God.

Looking back at the one year that has so swiftly passed fills me with awe and wonder. He has lovingly sustained me, despite my impatience, my laziness, and my inborn desire to rebel against Him. He led me to a church that preached His pure and life-giving Word to my thirsty soul. He gave me friends, dear to my heart, whose hands have helped me, and whose shoulders I have leaned on for so many a time, friends who were constantly there, helping me grow in His knowledge. (Friends, thank you so much. You know who you are. )

I love You, Lord. Though I am a sinner, Your love for me is everlasting. You laid down Your own life, You endured a painful death, for the sake of a miserable worm that I am. I praise You, because You are majestic and holy, You reign above the highest heavens, and there is no one else like You. I praise You for Your faithfulness and Your mercy. I praise you, most of all, for giving me the greatest gift a man could ever have: Yourself.

Please, greet Razel today. It's August 17 in Manila. Magkasunod birthday namin.

No comments: